After thirty-seven years of marriage and almost that many as therapists and marriage counselors, Robert and Jane Alter have concluded that in many cases men and women are not equally responsible for the problems in marriages.
Their experience suggests that mostly it’s the men who cause the disconnection. The wives always have some work to do on themselves, and sometimes a lot of work, but when it comes to knowing how to really be in relationship, how to have true connection and true intimacy in a marriage, the men are a piece of work.
Jane and Robert have also seen that there are many great men in this world who deep in their hearts want to be great husbands to their wives, and some have gotten off to a great start, but others have no idea, or a bunch of wrong ideas, about how to do that, and need some serious help.
Robert’s book, Good Husband, Great Marriage: Finding the Good Husband…in the Man You Married, and the Alters’ work, which they call the “good husband work,” is the help they provide.
In this program you learn:
• The definition of a good husband
• The five big lies men tell themselves to keep from changing
• The one-way street of change a man has to walk down in his marriage before it becomes a two-way street
• What women have to teach men about connection, relationship, and great marriage
• The wife’s role in helping her husband become a good husband
• How to get a guy to do the good husband work